Author: Gina Basinger Peterson
•7:20 PM
Before Nate and I moved to OK, we found a way to get our bed shipped through a shipping company for super cheap, which made it so we didn't have to pay for a moving truck (it wasn't worth it, but we didn't know that at the time, but that's beside the point) Anyway, long story short, we got a bill from a freight company for $1057 for shipping our bed. Nate tried calling the guy we worked with back in May, and got a hold of him once, but coincidentally, after he knew our problem, every time Nate tried calling him, it went straight to voicemail. We were anxious to get this taken care of because we found out that we only had 5 days to figure this all out before the bill went to a collections agency. Eventually, after having to go through another guy and after me calling him literally 3 times a day to make sure he was still taking care of the bill, we got it sorted out Friday afternoon. You can be sure, our relief was great.

On a more random note, this week at work I had to book around 15 hotel rooms for employees traveling out and about. While this is one of my favorite tasks because I love looking at flights and hotels and dreaming about the day when some day I'll be able to travel to cool places, this week was especially depressing as I had to search for hotels in downtown NY, which is another destination I would very much like to see. Since we needed the room on such sort notice, our normal hotel wasn't available, so this is where I ended up putting the employee.

This would be the lobby.

Photobucket


And this would be the view of downtown NY.

Photobucket

Certainly no one would have to twist my arm to stay there.

However, Nate and I did get a really good looking desk for our second bedroom this week. It only cost us $45 and it will be perfect for Nate when he starts school. Now he will have an official study area. We clearly live simple lives as this made our week.

Photobucket
|
This entry was posted on 7:20 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: