•7:40 PM
It's been a while since I've updated this blog, so I figured it was about time.
Nate and I have settled into life here. I got a job at Agio Technology, which is a start up company. They have only been in business in a year and a half, but they are doing really well. I'm not sure I liked it for the first week I worked there, but now that I'm starting to get the swing of things I really really like it. Nate hasn't found a job yet after quitting the job at the nut house for kids. BUT he just got accepted to the full time program! We don't know yet if he will be able to work since he will be doing 15 credit hours plus 20 hours of a practicum, but he's still looking nonetheless.
We experienced a pretty crazy storm here about 2 and a half weeks ago. Apparently winds got up to 90 mph (i'm not exaggerating) and there was tons of rain and hail. So much rain in fact, that water started coming through our windows and front door at a pretty rapid rate. It was a scary 15 minutes. After it was all over we went outside and saw all the damage...which was a lot. Our neighbors (in the duplex next to us) came out screaming a few choice words because his roof caved in. He wasn't the only one our street. We now have 3 abandoned units of townhouses because their roofs were torn off. It was eerie hearing all the sirens and car alarms going off in the background. But it was cool to see the niceness of all the Okies emerge as everyone rushed to help those who had to get things out of their homes because the water destroyed everything.
On a happier note, we have seemed to have made a few friends here which is nice. They are all in our ward and two of the couples live 20 steps away in our circle. We are trying to get the third couple in our neighborhood so it's complete. It would be nice if we could trade them with our super loud next door neighbors. Anywho, on Sunday night we all went to a private lake that my co-worker invited us to for fireworks and picked the perfect secluded spot on the lake where we could see the amazing fireworks perfectly. It was really the perfect night. The lake was perfect and the weather was perfect, which is extremely hard to find here considering it hasn't been less than 100 degree for about a week and a half now. Afterwards we went to ihop (we waited until after midnight of course) and i had the best tasting pancakes I ever had. Of course I think anything tastes good at that time of night.
Today we bought tickets to go out to Utah at the end of August to see my best friend of how many years? 17 minus a 10 year break? get married. I have to bring this up on here because I'd feel so cheesy sending her a text or telling her in person, so here it goes. I know I tell her probably daily how excited I am for her, but I don't think she really knows how happy I am for the experience she is about to have. I already know that when I watch them get married, I will ball my eyes out. I'm so glad she found a great guy and that everything she has been hoping for and wanting is about to come true. Plus, I cannot wait until they come to Oklahoma to visit...which they have to. Oh, and please still be my friend after you get married.
Well I think that's all that's going on in our lives. I really should blog more often so these posts aren't so long...
Nate and I have settled into life here. I got a job at Agio Technology, which is a start up company. They have only been in business in a year and a half, but they are doing really well. I'm not sure I liked it for the first week I worked there, but now that I'm starting to get the swing of things I really really like it. Nate hasn't found a job yet after quitting the job at the nut house for kids. BUT he just got accepted to the full time program! We don't know yet if he will be able to work since he will be doing 15 credit hours plus 20 hours of a practicum, but he's still looking nonetheless.
We experienced a pretty crazy storm here about 2 and a half weeks ago. Apparently winds got up to 90 mph (i'm not exaggerating) and there was tons of rain and hail. So much rain in fact, that water started coming through our windows and front door at a pretty rapid rate. It was a scary 15 minutes. After it was all over we went outside and saw all the damage...which was a lot. Our neighbors (in the duplex next to us) came out screaming a few choice words because his roof caved in. He wasn't the only one our street. We now have 3 abandoned units of townhouses because their roofs were torn off. It was eerie hearing all the sirens and car alarms going off in the background. But it was cool to see the niceness of all the Okies emerge as everyone rushed to help those who had to get things out of their homes because the water destroyed everything.
On a happier note, we have seemed to have made a few friends here which is nice. They are all in our ward and two of the couples live 20 steps away in our circle. We are trying to get the third couple in our neighborhood so it's complete. It would be nice if we could trade them with our super loud next door neighbors. Anywho, on Sunday night we all went to a private lake that my co-worker invited us to for fireworks and picked the perfect secluded spot on the lake where we could see the amazing fireworks perfectly. It was really the perfect night. The lake was perfect and the weather was perfect, which is extremely hard to find here considering it hasn't been less than 100 degree for about a week and a half now. Afterwards we went to ihop (we waited until after midnight of course) and i had the best tasting pancakes I ever had. Of course I think anything tastes good at that time of night.
Today we bought tickets to go out to Utah at the end of August to see my best friend of how many years? 17 minus a 10 year break? get married. I have to bring this up on here because I'd feel so cheesy sending her a text or telling her in person, so here it goes. I know I tell her probably daily how excited I am for her, but I don't think she really knows how happy I am for the experience she is about to have. I already know that when I watch them get married, I will ball my eyes out. I'm so glad she found a great guy and that everything she has been hoping for and wanting is about to come true. Plus, I cannot wait until they come to Oklahoma to visit...which they have to. Oh, and please still be my friend after you get married.
Well I think that's all that's going on in our lives. I really should blog more often so these posts aren't so long...


1 comments:
Aw thanks gin! And I love that you called it the nut house for kids hahaha. And we are definitely coming to visit ASAP! Anyway, I am so excited to see you guys!!