•2:07 PM
So on May 9th Nate and I will begin a road trip to our new home for 3 years...Norman, OK. I know I keep bringing this up whenever I talk about Oklahoma, but I really think I should write this down, just so that if there is a hard time in Oklahoma I can look back and remember that we are definitely in the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME.
Ever since Nate applied to grad schools in January, our number one thought is where we should end up. We LOVED the idea of Portland and that was about it. I had anxiety every time I thought about AZ or Denver and the University of Oklahoma we never even thought twice about because why in the world would we want to live there?
Well we got the email that Nate was accepted to OU and I specifically told Amber: "well OU is out" and she said "yea why would anyone move to OK?" and I answered with "yea no joke. we will not be going there"
Two weeks later, we accepted OU's acceptance and ever since then, everything has fallen into place, letting Nate and I know that we are supposed to LIVE IN OKLAHOMA. Here's why:
After getting the acceptance to OU, we started researching the school, town, state, etc. We suddenly met a lot of people who lived in OK and who kept saying how much they loved it. As we mulled it over, we suddenly started getting excited for our future, something that we hadn't felt in a while. Eventually, we just knew that's where we were going. It was no longer a question it was now a fact. A few weeks later we went to the temple with our friends with the question of when we should leave. The next day, we found out Nate's parents house had sold and that they wanted to take possession of the house May 11th. QUESTIONS ANSWERED. Thank you.
So that night we started looking through all different types of websites for apartments. When I thought I had visited every website with apartment rentals, I decided to try one last website. What did I find? A brand new posting for a townhome that was being COMPLETELY REMODELED, was only $625 a month and was only 5 minutes from the school. I emailed the guy and didn't think twice about it. He emailed me the next day and we chatted for a bit, but i just wasn't that interested.
Later that night while I was at work, he sent a response to a previous email I had sent, and for some reason after reading the email, I just had to have this place. I have NO CLUE what changed my mind, but it was definitely changed. Suddenly I wanted this place and only this place and I was willing to do anything to get it. Since I was at work (and it was slow) I was able to respond to him quickly, which after allowed me to claim dibs on the townhome. The potential landlord kept saying though how he didn't want to rent it to us when no one had seen it, so we thought we had hit a roadblock.
BUT WAIT, we remembered that Nate's brother and his wife had friends that had moved to OK about 8 months before, who, coincidently, only liked about 40 minutes away. So she went to check out the place the next day and by Thursday of this week, we had secured it.
People reading this may be think "so what. things worked out. congratulations." To them I say, it's not just that everything worked out, it's that everything worked out SO PERFECTLY with MINIMAL EFFORT. Some may call us silly, but as a result of this, we know beyond a doubt that we are about to be in the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME and we couldn't be more excited for what's in store.
Ever since Nate applied to grad schools in January, our number one thought is where we should end up. We LOVED the idea of Portland and that was about it. I had anxiety every time I thought about AZ or Denver and the University of Oklahoma we never even thought twice about because why in the world would we want to live there?
Well we got the email that Nate was accepted to OU and I specifically told Amber: "well OU is out" and she said "yea why would anyone move to OK?" and I answered with "yea no joke. we will not be going there"
Two weeks later, we accepted OU's acceptance and ever since then, everything has fallen into place, letting Nate and I know that we are supposed to LIVE IN OKLAHOMA. Here's why:
After getting the acceptance to OU, we started researching the school, town, state, etc. We suddenly met a lot of people who lived in OK and who kept saying how much they loved it. As we mulled it over, we suddenly started getting excited for our future, something that we hadn't felt in a while. Eventually, we just knew that's where we were going. It was no longer a question it was now a fact. A few weeks later we went to the temple with our friends with the question of when we should leave. The next day, we found out Nate's parents house had sold and that they wanted to take possession of the house May 11th. QUESTIONS ANSWERED. Thank you.
So that night we started looking through all different types of websites for apartments. When I thought I had visited every website with apartment rentals, I decided to try one last website. What did I find? A brand new posting for a townhome that was being COMPLETELY REMODELED, was only $625 a month and was only 5 minutes from the school. I emailed the guy and didn't think twice about it. He emailed me the next day and we chatted for a bit, but i just wasn't that interested.
Later that night while I was at work, he sent a response to a previous email I had sent, and for some reason after reading the email, I just had to have this place. I have NO CLUE what changed my mind, but it was definitely changed. Suddenly I wanted this place and only this place and I was willing to do anything to get it. Since I was at work (and it was slow) I was able to respond to him quickly, which after allowed me to claim dibs on the townhome. The potential landlord kept saying though how he didn't want to rent it to us when no one had seen it, so we thought we had hit a roadblock.
BUT WAIT, we remembered that Nate's brother and his wife had friends that had moved to OK about 8 months before, who, coincidently, only liked about 40 minutes away. So she went to check out the place the next day and by Thursday of this week, we had secured it.
People reading this may be think "so what. things worked out. congratulations." To them I say, it's not just that everything worked out, it's that everything worked out SO PERFECTLY with MINIMAL EFFORT. Some may call us silly, but as a result of this, we know beyond a doubt that we are about to be in the RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME and we couldn't be more excited for what's in store.


0 comments: